Huckle and Marmot are working together to help those in need by encouraging fans to bring in food donations to every Huckle gig. Here is how it works…
Music for Food is a program that strives to help raise food and awareness about those less fortunate in every local community Huckle visits. For every 2 items of food a person brings to the merchandise table at a Huckle show to donate, Huckle will give them free music. The next day, all food items that were donated at the show will be brought to the local food bank or shelter. You share some food, Huckle will share some music, together we can make a difference to those around us who really need it.
Here is a list of food items that are accepted nationwide at food banks and shelters. Any 2 items on this list will qualify you for some free Huckle music!
1. Canned Fruits (in light syrup or its own juices)
2. Canned Vegetables (low sodium, no salt added)
3. Multigrain Cereal
4. Grains (brown and white rice, oatmeal, quinoa, couscous, macaroni and cheese)
5. Canned Proteins (tuna, salmon, chicken, peanut butter, beans)
6. Soup (beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, turkey and rice)
7. 100% Juice (all sizes, including juice boxes)
8. Condiments (tomato based sauces, light soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, oils)
9. Snacks (individually packed snacks, crackers, trail mix, dried fruit, granola/cereal bars)
Thanks for caring enough to make a difference in your local community!